The Business Challenge
Similar to other senior living facilities with often limited administrative staff, Courtyard Gardens found it difficult to handle HR-related issues in-house. Wanting to control costs, improve efficiencies and maintain compliance with HR regulations, the company decided to explore outsourcing its HR-related functions. This would allow Courtyard Gardens to focus on top quality, individualized resident care.
- With more than 100 employees they needed to handle payroll, benefits, quarterly 941 reporting, W2s, and I9s better.
- With limited HR staff, it was difficult to remain current on changing HR regulations.
- An increase in workers’ compensation claims, led to increased workers’ comp rates. Improving their employee safety record, while controlling rate increases became a priority.
Courtyard Gardens selected FrankCrum as the outsourced partner for HR, benefits and workers’ compensation programs. Using a cross-functional team, FrankCrum provides the following services:
- FrankCrum’s onboarding process allows for paperless submission of employee forms through the self-service tool, myFrankCrum.
- The FrankCrum payroll coordinator sets up employer and employee tax deductions and payroll details for income tax, wage garnishments, SUTA, FUTA, unemployment tax, etc.
- HR specialists are available to respond to problems and take proactive steps such as developing an employee handbook, and drafting policies.
- The Benefits Team administers benefits and responds to questions.
- Loss control and risk management specialists are available to establish safety programs in accordance with OSHA guidelines and to develop safety manuals. In the event of workers’ compensation claims, FrankCrum offers 24-hour claims reporting as well as return-to-work and light duty programs. With FrankWinstonCrum insurance, claims administrators can directly review and handle claims without the need for a third party.
After 10 years, Courtyard Gardens is still pleased with their relationship with FrankCrum. Specific result areas include:
- FrankCrum has reduced costs and improved control over workers’ comp issues. The company has not only controlled rate increases but also provided risk management guidance and training to improve employee safety and reduce the number of claims.
- FrankCrum keeps Courtyard Gardens advised of changes in HR law and insurance requirements, saving them the time and resources.
- Courtyard Gardens relies on FrankCrum staff to answer their HR-related questions and help them through a variety of employee-related situations.